[Genealib] NARA Descriptive Pamphlets

Claire Kluskens cpklus-genelib at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 16 22:12:56 EDT 2013

NARA descriptive pamphlets OR roll lists are available FREE online to
download or print out through our "Order Online" system.  You do NOT
need to register or buy anything.

Start here:
https://eservices.archives.gov/orderonline

Click on the "microfilm" tab

then enter the microfilm publication number or search term of
interest (or use advanced features, say, to search for a particular
record group).  Anyway, let's say you put in the publication number
A3437 - click search. It will show you the number (A3437), the title
(in blue), the RG name and number and the number of rolls.

Click on the publication title.  That will take you to a new screen.
Click on "View Important Publication Details" on the far right side
- this will give you the descriptive pamphlet and allow you to (1)
open & print or (2) download (then you can print)  (or, depending on
your computer - it may just download automatically).

Not all descriptive pamphlets are online.  Sometimes, it's just the
roll list.

Hope this helps.

Claire Kluskens
NARA, Washington, DC